Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
December 1 – 7, 2018
1. Text an erotic eggplant or a provocative peach for a good cause this holiday season.
2. Burnaby has the best flag in all of British Columbia.
3. This magical getaway near Vancouver is home to a herd of adorable reindeer.
4. Newly discovered cave in B.C. park might be the largest in Canada.
5. World’s largest congregation of eagles begins in the Fraser Valley.
6. There’s an epic new vegan food challenge in Vancouver.
7. See thousands of lights twinkle and 120 exotic birds fly in this holiday wonderland.
8. Veteran Vancouver radio host celebrates 35 years at CKNW.
9. This huge 190-foot-long ‘Skookum Slide’ used to thrill riders in Richmond.
10. You can take a deep dive into the holiday magic at the Vancouver Aquarium.
11. Vancouver’s False Creek might be home to the world’s largest pop-up park.
12. Santa Claus is coming to Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside Market.
13. The Vancouver Symphony is playing an epic Home Alone show this month.
14. This Burnaby house is seriously decked out for the holidays.
15. The most magical places to see Christmas lights in Metro Vancouver this year.
16. Step into the magic at Canada’s largest winter festival in Vancouver.
17. Verre to bring French-Mediterranean fare to the ‘City of Glass’.
18. Get lost in this illuminated wonderland on one night only this month in Vancouver.
19. 26 awesome Vancouver food events to check out this December.
20. Vancouver renters celebrate major win in battle against renovictions.
21. This magical holiday festival offers over a million twinkling lights.
22. Once facing addiction and amputation, this DTES resident now helps others with recovery.
23. 8 very Vancouver new cookbooks perfect for holiday giving.
24. This Vancouver cafe will give you weed for warm coats and jackets.
25. This Vancouver bar takes the art of not drinking to new heights.
26. Canada is the most Christmassy country in the world, according to report.
27. These cozy chalets offer a sublime view with access to blissful B.C. hot springs.
28. 100 Vancouver experiences that make awesome gifts.
29. This report ranked Vancouver among the top city destinations in the world.
30. Vancouver forecast now calls for snow on Friday night as well as Saturday.
31. The longest full moon in nearly a decade happens this December.
33. Journey into a sparkling holiday oasis with a 210 foot illuminated tunnel.
34. Hundreds of extremely bright meteors to paint Metro Vancouver skies next week.
35. 13 of the 100 Best Restaurants in Canada are in Vancouver.
THANKS FOR BEING AWESOME!