Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
May 11 – 17, 2019
1. 5 blissfully refreshing May long weekend getaways from Vancouver.
2. This one-day pop-up will pair fancy hot dogs with Champagne.
3. This former Vancouver ad man changed careers to become a children’s performer.
4. Vancouver cyclist embarks on cross-Canada cancer fundraiser.
5. We interviewed Trans activist Lauren Sandstorm and Top Drop’s Kurtis Kolt on the latest edition of the V.I.A. podcast!
6. Where to celebrate National Caesar Day in Vancouver.
7. John Catucci finds food, forks, and fun on his “Big” new TV show.
8. How to pack wine on your outdoor adventures this summer.
9. You can kayak under the stars on this spellbinding Vancouver adventure.
10. Where to view the final episode of Game of Thrones in Vancouver.
11. Vancouver’s largest car free day festival takes place this spring.
12. We ate and compared McDonald’s and Ikea’s fish n’ chips so you don’t have to.
13. 7 of the most exhilarating places to zipline in B.C. this summer.
14. New certificate recognizes street smarts of harm reduction workers in Vancouver.
15. These stand up paddle boards light up during this magical Vancouver tour.
16. You might be able to see the northern lights over Metro Vancouver this week.
17. You won’t want to miss this Paella & Rosé party on one of Vancouver’s best patios this June.
18. Three breweries joined forces to create Vancouver Craft Beer Week’s official collab beer.
19. You can sail on this 115 year-old 80-foot tall ship out of Vancouver.
20. The largest exhibition of life-size, moving dinosaurs in North America is coming to Vancouver.
21. Yas Queen! These 10 books about drag are royally good.
22. Over 100 breweries and cideries taking part in Vancouver Craft Beer Week’s epic 10th annual festival.
23. This epic spot prawn and sushi feast is only available for a few weeks this spring.
24. Tubing from Trout Lake to Science World? It could happen in a few years.
25. New park ranger station opens in Stanley Park.