Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
April 13 – April 20, 2019
1. World’s cutest sea otter’ Rialto had a book published about his heart-warming journey.
2. Here's where to find vegan craft beer in Vancouver.
3. This documentary explores the life of this trailblazing Canadian giraffologist you’ve never heard of.
4. Here’s how the City of Surrey got into the Game of Thrones spirit.
5. We released the first episode of the revamped Vancouver Is Awesome podcast!
This week’s episode features two fantastic Vancouver women. First up, we talk to Randa Salloum, the Founder and Creative Director of CIEL Creative Marketing, the co-founder of pop-up consignment warehouse sale Archive, and a well-known local Instagram influencer in the lifestyle and fashion space. We also chatted with Vancouver-based pop singer and songwriter Emily Rowed, whose brand new album April just dropped on 604 Records. Check out her live acoustic performance at the tail end of the show.
6. This 3-day Metro Vancouver yarn crawl will have knitters hooked on buying local.
7. A breathtaking full flower moon will dazzle Vancouver skies next month.
8. This massive Vancouver event offers thousands of beautiful plants for sale.
9. We paired the 6 most-popular Easter candies with B.C. wines.
10. 13 of Canada’s 100 best restaurants of 2019 are in Vancouver.
11. Easter Roundup: Egg-citing events this weekend across Metro Vancouver.
12. You can take a FREE shuttle to a beautiful B.C. park this summer.
13. Kitsilano Pool announces summer 2019 opening date.
14. Pod of orcas spotted in Vancouver harbour.
15. Vancouver has a new celebrity plant: the ‘Snow Tower’.
16. New Vietnamese food cart hitting the street in Vancouver.
17. The Vancouver Art Gallery is hosting an epic adult-only art party next month.
18. 10 things you should know about B.C. bats.
19. This massive multi-day festival features an epic FREE Bhangra block party.
20. Burnaby first city in region to convert all streetlights to LED.
22. YVR started naming airports as Pokémon, and Twitter loves it.