Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
March 17-23, 2018
2. There’s a massive LEGO convention coming to Vancouver in April.
3. Mmmm: 5 new brunches to try in and around Vancouver.
4. The Vancouver Art Gallery extends Friday hours for popular Murakami exhibit.
6. Remembering Larry Kwong: Did you know the first ever NHL player of Asian descent was from B.C.?
9. The Ready Player One virtual reality and retro gaming experience brought people out to play March 23 and 24.
10. Pop-up events bring a free tea cart and some important civic talk to Chinatown.
11. Hungry? We’ve got 10 awesome places for Chicken & Waffles in Vancouver.
12. Very cool: Vancouver Aquarium releases lovelorn octopus.
13. The City of Vancouver has launched a creative bike rack design contest.
14. We took a look at the incredible new exhibit “Haida Now” at the Museum of Vancouver.
15. Vancouverites hold march in solidarity with survivors of gun violence.
16. A Body of Art: Upcoming creative event promotes radical self-love.
17. Awesome or not? Glitter beer is a thing now.
18. And also not everyone’s thing: KFC Waffle Double Down coming to Vancouver (plus how to get one FREE).
19. Fine, make it a trio: Starbucks puts glittery Crystal Ball Frappuccinos on the menu.
20. Amplify BC: $7.5M government fund gives music industry major back-up.
21. Said The Whale put out a playlist that celebrates Vancouver’s AWESOME music scene.
22. More in music: Vancouver shredders launch ‘Free Guitar Lesson Day’.
23. An “Arrow” grip shares montage of selfie videos with stunts in the background.
25. Our new This Week in History series looks at the 1986 mayoral race in Vancouver.
26. Vancouver photographer Stephen Waddell has been named a finalist for prestigious Canadian award.
27. Chill Korean’s Vancouver video shares refreshing tourist perspective.
28. Speaking of tourism: A record-setting 10.3 million people visited Vancouver in 2017.
29. This week we asked you what makes you happy. Here’s what you said.
30. We’re up to 91 in our 500 Coffees series. This week we talked with Dr. Scott D. Sampson.
32. A longstanding sushi spot has closed up, but the owners are moving on to an exciting ramen venture.
33. Heading out at the end of the week? BC Ferries adds extra sailings for Easter.
36. Feast time! Sakura Night: Epic food event marks cherry blossom season in Vancouver.
37. Seeing them, too? First cherry blossoms spotted at Burrard Station this week.
38. We’re number one! Vancouver ranked best North American city for quality of living.
40. The world’s largest annual video game tournament is coming to Rogers Arena.
41. This week we got a rare peek at the finalists for 2018 Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards–by category!
42. Plus we rounded up 10 wild and wonderful waffle dishes to try in Vancouver.
That’s a lot of AWESOME!