Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
September 8 – 14, 2018
1. On this week’s V.I.A. podcast, we interviewed Vancouver Courier's retiring Editor-in-Chief, Martha Perkins.
2. Meet Cedar, the newest bear cub at Critter Care Wildlife Society.
3. Marriage proposal written in the sand found by drone flying over White Rock.
4. A free food truck festival is pulling into Vancouver this weekend.
5. This guy that can sing the names of all 162 B.C. municipalities.
6. Nat Bailey Stadium was named one of the best minor league ballparks.
7. Vancouver was named the Best Beer Town in Canada.
8. The campfire ban has been completely lifted in the Coastal region!
9. Tojo’s marks 30 years in Vancouver with Anniversary Sushi.
10. Vancouver’s first-ever Ribfest is happening this month.
11. 8 great Oktoberfest events to check out this fall in Vancouver.
12. This Tinder-inspired quiz tool claims to find your dream Vancouver mayoral match.
13. This self-guided tour explores West End heritage.
14. Province promises more childcare spaces for B.C. families.
15. This ridiculous snow cat limo is for sale in North Vancouver for $6,000.
16. You can get lost in the scariest corn maze in Canada, and it’s just outside Vancouver.
17. Le Petit Belge waffle shop is adding a second Vancouver location.
18. There’s a beautiful new spot for afternoon tea in Richmond.
19. Now is the time to get $10 trees from the Vancouver Park Board.
20. This Vancouver non-profit offers haircuts and hope to residents of the Downtown Eastside.
21. The Bench Bakehouse is the new bakery that's opening on Commercial Drive.
22. Go inside a secret underground artist space on this self-guided photo walk.
23. Watch a whale’s tail bump a small boat (VIDEO).
24. Architects step up to build better homes in Indigenous communities.
25. This Epic Dream Job will pay a skier to hit the slopes around the globe.
26. If the Vancouver election was tomorrow, 1.1% of voters say they’d vote for this baby.
27. Canada’s biggest makers’ pop-up sets up shop this month in Vancouver.
28. Vancouver Park Board considers motion to identify and recognize First Nation names.
29. Air Canada pilots are finally allowed to fly while bearded.
30. Busy mom Pretty Girl gets help in nursing 20 puppies.
31. Here’s why there will be over 4,000 rubber ducks on the Fraser River this weekend.
32. Terry Fox: Remembering PoCo’s hometown hero.
33. Vancouver’s Colony bar is opening Northwoods outpost in North Van.
34. Vancouver’s largest bike ride rolls through the streets Saturday night.
View this post on Instagram
THANKS FOR BEING AWESOME!