Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
December 15 – 21, 2018
1. We’ve been producing the Vancouver Is Awesome podcast for a year so we figured it was time we released a ’52nd Episode Spectacular’. In this episode Lindsay and Bob celebrate, taking a quick look back on the year that was before they get into a Q+A with each other where they share their favourite local… well… stuff. Everything.
This week’s show is sponsored by Vancouver’s own Fresh Prep, and we’re giving 3 free meals to everybody who signs up using our coupon code! Save $33 on your first order when you use the code POD18. Sign up HERE.
2. Watch this Vancouver bird sing “All I Want For Christmas Is You”.
3. Over a million breathtaking lights are twinkling in VanDusen Garden this winter.
5. Here's an AWESOME last minute gift... with bold lines, crisp colours, sustainable fabric, and a print inspired by the deep depths of the forest, Inner Fire's Woodland Leggings are bound to make a statement. Perfect for anyone that wants to celebrate their love of life on the West Coast! Inner Fire will also be having a huge Boxing Week sale with prices marked down between 25-70% (with free shipping) from Dec 26 - 31. #sponsored
6. Ryan Reynolds is doing the voiceover for B.C. rainforest documentary.
7. We brought together two of B.C.’s preeminent producers of Belgian-style beer.
8. UBC student hopes to grow support for her ‘green roof’ bus shelter.
9. You can ride transit for FREE anywhere in Metro Vancouver on New Year’s Eve.
10. These 28 awesome food and drink events are part of Dine Out Vancouver.
11. Luv-A-Fair’s logo designer shares his thoughts on this iconic Vancouver nightclub.
12. Here’s what’s open on Christmas Day in Vancouver.
13. Binge watch OG ‘Star Wars’ trilogy at this Boxing Day Brunch.
14. YVR Airport celebrates milestone 25 millionth passenger of 2018.
15. Meet ‘the angel of East Hastings’ who collects empties for those in need.
16. Vancouver park board to consider allowing booze on beaches.
17. These meaningful holiday gifts offer a unique way to give back in Vancouver.
18. Watch these 7 adorable seal pups released back into ocean.
19. This massive movie poster sale sells iconic and cult classics at a steal.
20. You can watch the super blood wolf moon total lunar eclipse up close next month.
21. From ‘hidden homelessness’ to sobriety, this woman works directly with Vancouver’s youth in crisis.
22. Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside pop-up wants your old clothes for a good cause.
23. The RCMP released a grinch parody that you can watch for FREE right now.
24. This Santa Claus lives in a teepee on Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
25. This magical ice palace in Metro Vancouver is a sparkling winter wonderland.
26. New off-leash dog area approved for Grandview-Woodland neighbourhood park.
27. Start the new year ablaze with this giant campfire gathering in Vancouver.
28. These are the top 20 new B.C. books of 2018.
29. This 75 metre long suspension bridge just opened in Metro Vancouver.
30. Here are the 15 craziest stories of 2018 on Vancouver Is Awesome.
31. These were the 10 most popular stories of 2018 on Vancouver Is Awesome.
32. How to spend the holidays in Vancouver if you don’t celebrate Christmas.