Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
October 6 – 12, 2018
This week’s show was sponsored by Vancouver’s own Fresh Prep. We’re giving away 3 free meals to everybody who signs up using our coupon code. Save $33 on your first order when you use the code POD18. Sign up HERE.
2. Caffe La Tana, the Italian grocer and coffee shop next to Pepino’s, opened this week!
3. This Vancouver chef is cooking up a feast inspired by Crazy Rich Asians.
4. 5 vintage guitars that were stolen from band 54-40 were recovered by police.
5. This Vancouver couple found the “most massive” 6-pound edible mushroom.
6. B.C. craft breweries won big at 2018 World Beer Awards.
7. This picturesque village looks exactly like Germany and is close to Vancouver.
8. These dazzling Vancouver fall foliage photos will take your breath away.
9. You can wake up to stunning ocean views at this exclusive B.C. glamping resort.
10. Here are 8 awesome things to do in Whistler besides ski and snowboard.
11. For the first time ever, Vij’s restaurant is offering reservations!
12. Canada’s first gourmet cabaret cirque is setting up its tent in Vancouver.
13. 52 new modular housing units for the homeless will be open by early 2019.
14. New YVR program to help passengers reduce travel stress takes flight.
15. Vancouver Christmas Market reveals 2018 dates, expanded offerings.
16. This totally normal corner store is actually full of amazing artist-created surprises.
17. YouTube Music is bringing live DJs and performances to this epic Vancouver market.
18. UBC was named one of the World’s Most Innovative Universities.
19. Vampires and zombies will play epic Star Wars music at this Vancouver Halloween show.
20. These easy fall hikes near Vancouver offer the most spectacular views.
21. Vancouver’s forecast is calling for bright sunshine for the next 14 days.
22. One of Metro Vancouver’s favourite Indian restaurants is opening a Yaletown location.
23. Sweet Jesus has opened their first Vancouver ice cream shop.
24. Here are 11 places near Vancouver where you can go to see salmon right now.
25. Here are 30 photos that show off how freaking beautiful B.C. is right now.
26. 10 Vancouver thrift shops overflowing with awesome throwback treasures.
27. These unusual Vancouver workouts will help you beat the winter blues.
28. Magical CP Holiday Train announces Metro Vancouver stops and musical lineup.
29. This BC couple just had an epic, gory ‘Alien’ themed maternity shoot.
30. This easy Vancouver hike ends with an epic view that lets you see for miles.