Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
December 8 – 14, 2018
1. On this week’s V.I.A. podcast, we spoke with Fanny Lam, the Metro Vancouver-based blogger behind the site Oh Sweet Day! Lam, who came to Vancouver from Hong Kong several years ago, got to know her new city through food and blogging. Now she has a brand new baking cookbook out that’s all about making the everyday awesome through delicious and easy-to-make treats.
2. This epic winter carnival is one of B.C.’s best kept secrets.
3. Peek inside Vancouver’s massive new Starbucks Reserve location.
4. This local artist paints Vancouver pets with fabulous Victorian attire.
5. Tsawwassen First Nation chief makes World’s 100 Most Influential Young People in Government list.
6. This community north of Vancouver is the best place in B.C. to work.
7. This FREE Vancouver New Year’s Eve celebration features dazzling fireworks.
8. Sunny for Santa: Vancouver Christmas forecast calling for bright sunshine.
9. The top 10 most Instagrammable places in Vancouver this holiday season.
10. Canuck the Crow stars in new children’s book by Vancouver father-daughter duo.
11. This legendary Vancouver holiday sandwich is making a comeback for three days only.
12. FAN EXPO Vancouver returns for 3 days of cosplay glory featuring George Takei.
13. These are the best books of 2018 by Vancouver authors.
14. Vancouver vegan pizza mecca Virtuous Pie expanding to Victoria.
15. Vancouver transit-themed swag pop-up on again at Waterfront Station.
16. This illuminated winter wonderland in Vancouver is pure holiday magic.
17. There’s a bar serving boozy bubble tea popping up for one night only.
18. This former homeless addict once thought she wouldn’t live to see 30.
19. This festive photo of Vancouver’s holiday lights.
20. These are the most dazzling places to see the Northern Lights in B.C.
21. Enter a gingerbread wonderland at this magical holiday display in Vancouver.
22. FREE Wi-Fi on public transit is coming to Metro Vancouver.
23. YVR Airport wins big award for their witty Twitter feed.
24. The top 10 indoor holiday activities to do on a rainy day in Vancouver.
25. Most Canadians feel merrier about their personal finances than they did last Christmas.
26. Hallmark Christmas movies are a snowy windfall for Vancouver film industry.
27. This ‘extreme’ beer fest will celebrate the dark brews of winter.
28. First Tiki bar in the Pacific Northwest re-launches in Vancouver.
29. Recycled shoes get second run in Vancouver playgrounds.
30. A super blood wolf moon is set to illuminate Vancouver skies next month.
31. You could be the next Writer in Residence at the Vancouver Public Library.
32. This magical holiday event sparkles with thousands of twinkling lights.
33. Dance the night away at this incredible New Year’s Eve party at Science World.
34. This nice photo of Quarry Rock in the rain.
35. 6 cookbooks that will help you slay your holiday hosting.