Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
February 9 – 15, 2019
1. Newly discovered insect in caves in B.C. could be a survivor from Ice Age.
2. This Anti-Valentine’s Day singles party invites you to dance away the cliché.
3. This amazing art exhibition on light opens in Burnaby soon.
4. Coyotes on the block: how these wily canines came to the Lower Mainland.
5. Cozy up with this Beer and Cheddar Soup by a Vancouver restaurant chef, using a local IPA.
6. Odd couple of the deep: B.C. dolphins hang out with killer whales.
7. Metro Vancouver looks absolutely magical covered in snowfall (PHOTOS).
8. Colony is opening a 15,000 square foot location on the Granville Strip.
9. This awesome Vancouver teen skied to school today.
10. Epic Vancouver cinnamon bun coffee shop announces second location.
11. 20 photos that prove snow in Vancouver is totally worth it.
12. The sea otters at the Vancouver Aquarium are making snowballs.
13. Step into a colourful wonderland of illuminated trees at this FREE spring event.
14. Dog from Iran that had acid thrown in face has successful surgery in Vancouver.
15. These 38 artisan distillers will raise your spirits at BC Distilled 2019.
16. Here’s how to drive around a corner on snowy roads.
17. 8 books for your bibliophile BAE.
18. Check out the best ways to spend Family Day in Metro Vancouver in 2019.
19. Greater Vancouver’s favourite free food truck fest reveals 2019 dates.
20. Rare treat: The Fraser River is covered with breathtaking ice floes.
21. Brewery owner wants Burnaby to officially adopt Burnabarian as its demonym.
22. These off the grid huts could link Cypress to Sea to Sky Gondola.
23. First-ever Open Mosque Day B.C. finds Metro Vancouver mosques open to public for one day.
24. This ‘punk rock’ Burnaby bakery will offer crazy custom 3-D cakes.
25. The Vancouver Symphony is performing an epic Star Wars concert series.
26. Rain and wet snow for Vancouver today, but sun will be out for the long weekend!
THANKS FOR BEING AWESOME!