Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
September 29 – October 5, 2018
Our new podcast sponsor Fresh Prep wants to offer Vancouverites three free meals with their next meal kit order. Use the code ‘POD18’ to redeem your free meals HERE.
1. On this week’s V.I.A. podcast, we spoke with Love It or List It’s Todd Talbot about strategies for investing in real estate in B.C., his annual involvement in Covenant House’s Sleep Out initiative and more.
2. You can ride through Stanley Park after dark on a haunted train this Halloween.
3. Then, enter an illuminated Halloween wonderland on this magical Vancouver walk.
4. AND THEN, you can watch a spooky symphony perform The Nightmare Before Christmas in Vancouver!
5. Finally, you can ride an epic 400 person haunted ghost ship this Halloween in Vancouver. Wow.
6. Here are 5 farmers markets you’ll find in Metro Vancouver this fall and winter.
7. BC Ferries has added a whopping 80 extra sailings over Thanksgiving long weekend.
8. You can ride the “Scream Train” through this haunted Metro Vancouver forest.
9. You’ll be able to buy booze at two Vancouver beaches next year.
10. The TELUS World of Science will host an epic Halloween ball this month.
11. A dazzling meteor shower will illuminate Metro Vancouver skies this week.
12. That magical Harry Potter-themed Wizards Brunch is still happening in Vancouver.
13. Vancouver ranks third on Amazon’s Most Pampered Pets list.
14. A local family is inviting people to their “best little haunted house in Vancouver”.
15. This North Vancouver man grew a 1,000-pound pumpkin!
16. The Vancouver Aquarium is hosting an incredible After Hours Halloween party.
17. This 1954 film that explains how Vancouver’s current Granville Bridge was built.
18. There’s a new bike and scooter share program launching soon in Richmond.
19. Hawkers Market is returning to Vancouver after long pause.
20. Here are the 14 most anticipated new breweries in B.C.
21. You can view incredible works by Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dalí for FREE in Vancouver.
22. Here’s what you can do in Vancouver for Thanksgiving if you don’t have family in town.
23. North Vancouver chipped in an extra $550,000 for this long-awaited museum.
24. BC Ferries is floating ideas for a major revamp of the Swartz Bay terminal.
25. Vancouver muralist Ola Volo gets “dream collaboration” gig with luxury brand.
26. You can now get a 75-cent veggie hot dog at IKEA in Canada!
27. Here’s a lesson in kindness from a friendship formed in a dollar store doorway.
28. A 301-metre-tall wooden tower is being proposed for Stanley Park.
29. Here are 20 amazing things to eat in Vancouver this October.
30. These are the 25 restaurants taking part in Taste of Yaletown 2018.
31. An adorable kitty received life-saving oxygen from a Vancouver firefighter.
32. Here’s why this one-legged turkey named Gertie is the luckiest bird in B.C.
33. Whistler Blackcomb already looks like a winter wonderland.
34. You can sample over 60 varieties of delicious apples and more at the UBC Apple Festival.
35. Explore a colourful forest with ever-changing lights at this FREE Metro Vancouver festival.
36. You can now vote in the 2018 Growler B.C. Craft Beer Awards!
37. This crazy, curvy starchitect-designed building could supply low-cost energy to downtown Vancouver.
38. 5 magical last minute Thanksgiving long weekend getaways from Vancouver.
39. Enter an illuminated wonderland at this giant Metro Vancouver lantern festival.
40. These 5 cozy cabins in B.C. are everything you need for the perfect fall getaway.