Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
February 2 – 8, 2019
1. This week on the V.I.A. Podcast, Casey-Jo Loos from The Peak 102.7fm joined us for a chat! Casey-Jo has published a book of what she describes as self-help poetry, and it just might be the inspiration you were looking “to feel more understood, more seen, and to feel a little less alone.”
Casey-Jo open up about her personal journey and her book which just came out this week, and which you can learn more about HERE.
2. Here’s a list of beers that pair well with Chinese food.
3. This Squamish Canyon walkway could open this year.
4. There are hummingbirds in the snow in Vancouver right now.
5. Vancouver ranks on list of most romantic cities in Canada.
6. 14 places to get the sweetest Valentine’s Day treats in Vancouver.
7. This Vancouver company claims its umbrella can withstand hurricane winds.
8. This Vancouver hotel ranked #1 in all of Canada.
9. Vancouver ranks among the best cities to find love in the world.
10. The biggest dog meet up in Vancouver takes place next month.
11. No shortage of good deeds in Vancouver Minor Hockey on and off the ice.
12. These dog-friendly hikes in Metro Vancouver offer breathtaking views.
13. North Vancouver could be getting a new brewery district.
14. Vancouver company hopes to spark environmental change in Hollywood North.
15. Last night’s sunset over Cypress Mountain will take your breath away.
16. Matcha mecca Tsujiri finally sets opening date for Metro Vancouver location.
17. You can have an awesome adult sleepover in IKEA this month.
18. Backyard rink creates magical moment for Metro Vancouver dad and his boys.
19. This spellbinding meditation experience at the Planetarium offers 360 degree visuals.
20. Sea to Sky Gondola to build elevated tree walk 111 ft high and 2.5 km long.
21. Vancouver ranks among world’s most popular Valentine’s Day destinations.
22. 15 ways for food lovers to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Vancouver.
23. Kids can visit the Vancouver Aquarium for FREE this Family Day.
24. 10 Valentine’s Day gifts that will have your lover smiling until their face hurts.
25. You can take a walking tour of Stanley Park based on Indigenous teachings.
Hey Vancouver: Do you know an AWESOME TransLink bus driver? Tell us about them HERE.